Israel-Supporting Charitable Organizations
There are numerous charities that benefit Israel. Donating a little money to them regularly contributes to making Israel a better place. You can help Israel by supporting these organizations. Of course there are many other ways of helping Israel, and many of these are not expensive. Find out other ways of helping Israel.
Here is a list of some Israel-supporting charities:
- American Friends of Magen David Adom (Red Star of David). Magen David Adom is the Israel equivalent of the Red Cross, but it is more than the Red Cross. They offer emergency assistance and medical assistance. They are in charge of the emergency medical ambulance services in Israel.
- Friends of the IDF. This organization helps take care of Israel's soldiers. They build and manage recreational facilities for off-duty soldiers, offer college scholarships to discharged soldiers, and provide counseling and recovery services for the families of soldiers killed in duty.
- Aish HaTorah. One of the foremost Jewish organizations in the world, promoting Jewish identity and Jewish education across the world.
- Efrat. Efrat helps young Israeli women considering abortion to realize that there are other options for their babies that do not end in abortion.
- Amcha. Amcha seeks to help Holocaust survivors in Israel with the physical and emotional challenges that they face.
- Yad Sarah. Yad Sarah is involved in all kinds of charitable work in Israel for people of all ages.
- Leket Israel. Leket Israel is Israel's National Food Bank to help alleviate the problem of hunger in Israel.
- Hand in Hand. The Hand in Hand Center for Jewish-Arab Education helps promote peace between Jews and Arabs through joint Jewish-Arab schools in Israel.
- The Jewish National Fund. The Jewish National Fund helps to ecologically conserve the Land of Israel and plant trees throughout the Land.
- The Jewish Agency for Israel. The Jewish Agency for Israel helps immigrants make aliyah to Israel.
- IsraAID. The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian Aid (IsraAID) helps alleviate international humanitarian crises all over the world through relief work.
- The LIBI Fund. The LIBI fund helps educate soldiers in Israel's military forces.
- The New Israel Fund. The New Israel Fund's mission is to promote social equality for all Israelis.
Other lists of Israel-supporting charities may be found at Tzedaka.org, The Jerusalem Post, JPost JGooders, Techshoret Communications, Wikipedia, JewishCharities.org, and JGooders. Your local synagogue would also know of other reputable Jewish or Israeli charities to which you could donate.
Disclaimer: ShalomIL.com does not necessarily endorse all that any of these organizations stand for. Please use caution and common sense in evaluating whether a charity is worthy of receiving your donation. ShalomIL.com is not responsible for incorrect links.
Other Pro-Israel Organizations:
Some other pro-Israel organizations that are not necessarily charitable organizations include:
- AIPAC. The American-Israel Public Affairs Committee is America's Pro-Israel Lobby. They are an active and powerful political force in America that supports Israel.
- Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry. The Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry is a Christian organization that strongly supports Israel. They produce a bi-monthly magazine called Israel My Glory.
- StandWithUs. The mission of StandWithUs is to ensure that Israel's side of the story is told.
- Christians United for Israel. Christians United for Israel is a group of pro-Israel Christians who seek to advocate for Israel.
- Israel on Campus Coalition. The Israel on Campus Coalition is a network of pro-Israel people seeking to promote Israel within college campuses.
- Hasbara Fellowships. IsraelActivism.com and Hasbara Fellowship help train people in ways to promote Israel in schools.
- Young Judaea. Young Judaea is a pro-Israel youth movement in the US.
- The David Project. The David Project seeks to educate people in ways to promote Israel in their sphere of influence.
- Zionist Organization of America. The Zionist Organization of America was founded in 1897 and has over 30,000 pro-Israel members.
- International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews organization seeks to build ties between Christians and Jews.
- JStreet.JStreet.org seeks to be a pro-Israel, pro-peace political action group in the US.
A list of other pro-Israel organizations can be found at InternationalWallofPrayer.org.
Disclaimer: ShalomIL.com does not necessarily endorse all that any of these organizations stand for.